headline

Training, racing, gear, facial hair styles and thoughts from my push to become an elite cyclist.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Marseille Cyclosportif/Baconator Pictures, Part 1


We'd gotten out of the car, then promptly started on the first Col.  I had no idea I was riding on the Ocean- I was too worried about not getting drilled by oncoming motorists.


Climbing.  Slowly.


Slowly.  Climbing.

  
You can almost read the screen on the Powertap- "PEDAL FASTER."

Still climbing.


 Wait, how much further is it?


Summit.  Amazingly there was another pro-35 blogger who put a sticker on the sign. 


 This was the descent that awaited us. 


Starting the descent.  


Partway down, wondering why John isn't right behind me.


Baguette & Coke stop at the bottom of the best descent I've ever ridden.  Notice the box of baked goods I'm inhaling.  I was fortunate enough to find some amazing home made muffins at this little store.  As I stood at the register I debated about buying them, and the store owner sold me with the fact that they were "tres bon."  They were indeed tres bon, and I had 2 of the 6 before we started again.

More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment