headline

Training, racing, gear, facial hair styles and thoughts from my push to become an elite cyclist.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Weekend Workout Report


Here I am getting dressed up to go for a ride in the salty gritty January thaw. It didn't feel nearly as warm as the thermometer lead me to believe, and with how out of shape I felt I really wished I was able to skiing instead.

Carrie took this shot right before I set off on my ride. I was going for a Rapha catalog-esque shot but it didn't quite work out as planned. Still, this is what it looked like in all of its unglamorousness.


Here's a shot of my handlebars. Riveting isn't it? You can even read the low speed heart rate and cadence numbers. That's what happens when you're more worried about photographing your ride than you are about riding.

I made it for a mere 90 minutes. For January that's a win, but I have a lot of work to do before my trip to France in March.

Next time I'm going to stick to knobby tires and SPDs and make crappy weather rides more about dirt roads and snowy bike paths. If I have to clean my bike anyway I might as well thoroughly enjoy getting it dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment