headline

Training, racing, gear, facial hair styles and thoughts from my push to become an elite cyclist.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Race Schedule for 2011... Leadville?

Apparently the Tour of California organizers and Lifetime Fitness are developing a series of Leadville 100 qualifying events. 

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/new-leadville-100-race-qualifier-system-coming

Interesting.

I may need to reassess my plans and consider making a run at it this year.  My original plan was to roll out to the following endurance races

6 Hours of Pat's Peak, June 11

Darkhorse 40, July 31


Hampshire 100, August 21

Vermont 50, September 25

Four races doesn't sound like a full season, but each event over 6 hours takes me about a week and a half of recovery time.  Considering I looked like this about an hour into my second race last year I'm thinking that four races might be plenty and that Leadville might have to be a 2012 goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment