headline

Training, racing, gear, facial hair styles and thoughts from my push to become an elite cyclist.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Spooky, Again

Spooky.  I've posted about them before, and I still don't own one.  And I still find them very intriguing.  All of these pictures are from Spooky's website or Facebook page.

This 29er is built with a DT Swiss fork and some fast looking Continental tires.  It also appears that this owner was one of few to hop on the FSA 386 double crankset program. 



This is a classic 26" wheel World Cup-style build- flat bar, long & low cockpit, foam grips and a minimal saddle.  It's not often that you see a slammed stem run flipped down on a mountain bike.  The single ring is a new school touch for an otherwise traditional build.  I have no idea how much this bike weighs but I'm sure it's light.



This last one also features a single ring with a more aggressive AM guide and XTR build kit.  The cool thing here is the carbon tubulars which I never want to ride because I'm sure I wouldn't be able to live without them.  Total Euro-trash and race geeky. 


No comments:

Post a Comment