headline

Training, racing, gear, facial hair styles and thoughts from my push to become an elite cyclist.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

'Cross Flashback- '04 Season


Recently I stumbled upon some pictures from my 2004 cross campaign.  I don't remember the name of the event but it was from the Verge series round in Palmer Mass.  The course wound its way around the school, through a small wooded section and on the outside edge of the ball fields.  Pretty much everyone was on clinchers and had just one bike.  Skinsuits were still pretty rare.


The start.  This was before 'cross got so big that you were staged by registration order- it was still first come, first serve and guys were foregoing a warm up just to get a good starting position.  I'm in the second row and completely out of view.


This course had an extended woods section, and I always made up time on the short, steep climb and the fast, sweeping downhill exit.  Outside pedal down, low in the drops and looking like I give a shit. 


A little further back in the same woods section.


Pedaling along the outer edge of the baseball field.  That was my second season racing on the LeMond Poprad.  I wish I held onto that bike.


More ripping through the woods.  That was a fun course.  
I have no idea how I finished, but it was a fun race and the last one of my season.  

This is the first time since 1999 that I haven't done a single 'cross race.  I really miss it,  but I'll get back to it next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment