headline

Training, racing, gear, facial hair styles and thoughts from my push to become an elite cyclist.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Recovery


During my recovery ride yesterday I realized I'd been missing the point.   


For most cyclists the recovery ride is a training staple, although spinning along without the need to achieve anything is uncomfortable for some people.  After a 4-7 hour race it's not like I have any matches to burn anyway.

Leading up to the Hampshire 100 the main point I focused on was getting my head in the game, or more accurately staying in the moment.  Right now these rides aren't because my legs that are tired, but the mental focus of staying on task for 6 hours and 44 minutes took quite a bit out of me. 

Now it's time to relax, rebuild.  Preparation for the next event starts as soon the previous one ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment