headline

Training, racing, gear, facial hair styles and thoughts from my push to become an elite cyclist.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Damage

Our home was flooded last night, and I'm having a hard time coming to grips with everything that has happened and still needs to happen.  Carrie and I are safe, and we're thankful for the support we've had from friends and family.

On a bike geeky note my Moots RSL and Custom roadie were semi-sumberged but escaped the flood.  My Redline is still submerged in the basement and is likely to be a total loss, as is Carrie's Bianchi Axis.  'Cross bikes are supposed to be tough, so maybe they're alright, but I'm not optimistic.

For the foreseeable future it will be one step at a time, and victory over the mind will be necessary for me to keep my sanity.

I'm reminded that friends and family are what truly matters.  Everything else is just stuff, and stuff can be replaced.  I have my wife, I have my health and I am grateful for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment